March 8, 2011

Dot Dot Dot

Shirt - from Paper Doll on Melrose, Tank - H&M, Jeans, Shoes - F21
Today is International Polka Dot Day! OK, I made that up. I don't even think it's National Polka Dot Day. What I do know is that today is the day that fashion bloggers from all over have been challenged by Everybody Everywhere to style their polka dots. Since you all know from this post how much I adore polka dots, I just had to participate!

Polka dots are just so adorably retro, and they have such an element of "fun" to them that they give any outfit such a playful vibe. I wanted to play up the retro feel of my polka dot tie shirt by cuffing my pants and adding some girly platforms and pearls.


I'm currently working on this post at a coffee shop near my parents' house since I'm visiting the parentals and they don't have....wait for it, wait for it...WIRELESS. *Insert gasp of horror here*  It has honestly been a bit torturous, but the home-cooked meals by my gourmet mom and stocked-to-the-brim refrigerator are kind of a nice tradeoff. I always wondered what people on their laptops in coffee shops were so busily doing. Now I know, they are bloggers who are staying with their dinosaur-era parents who don't have Internet.


On a happier note, aren't these platforms just too cute to live? I love them. You all know how much my five-foot-one frame loves a stacked heel. Add a perky bow on it and an ankle strap, and I swoon. But not while I'm wearing my shoes. I'd hate to fall and scuff them.

Happy Polka Dot Day! Check out Everybody Everywear to see how everyone else is styling their polka dots today.

Polka Dots | Everybody, Everywear

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Love the blouse! It looks awesome over the tank and with pearls. Ah, great shoes, but they would probably kill my feet. Shorty me SHOULD wear heals more...but I opt for flats most of the time.

Linda said...

Cute shoes!
My siblings and I just got our parents a laptop...their FIRST computer. Visiting them has always been like a vacation from technology!

Thanks for joining us at EBEW today!
The Auspicious Life

KK said...

@Sherri Thanks! Yes, these are definitely not made for walking long distances, but I brave them when I can!
@Linda Thanks for the EBEW challenge! It's so fun. And I'm glad to see my parents aren't the only dinosaurs out there. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...