May 13, 2011

Orange You Glad

Shirt - F21, Skirt - Target (clearance $6!), Necklace - handmade
Sorry this post is late, but as most of you guys probably know, Blogger was down all day yesterday. The whole experience was more traumatic than I care to admit. I couldn't post. I couldn't read my regular blogs because they couldn't post. I didn't know what was going on with Blogger because I couldn't blog about it or read blogs about it. I didn't know what Kendi wore. I couldn't see what cute thing Elaine might have donned. I couldn't show people what I wore. I felt like I was missing an arm. The whole day dragged on with no Blogger updates. I couldn't see my Dashboard. I couldn't...I didn't...OK, breathe. Breathe. Breeeeeeeathe. I'm better now.


I am LOVING the bright colors of the spring season, like yellow and aqua and red. And lately, I just can not seem to get enough of the color orange! It's not a color I've gravitated to in the past. I mean, I have traditionally associated orange with traffic cones, people doing community service on the side of the highway, and, worst of all, pumpkins. Trust me, pumpkins is not an image you want people to conjure up when they look at you when you happen to be a petite curvy girl like me.  But all that seems to be in the past because I have picked up so many orange pieces over the past few months, and I am loving how the color is an instant show-stopper. I love pairing it with other bright colors, like this blue lace skirt ($6!), and as long as I avoid wearing it with black, I think I can keep those jack-o-lantern images at bay.



I broke a fashion rule of mine with this outfit. I always avoid wearing coordinated jewelry and instead wear jewelry in contrasting colors from my clothes to use it as an accent. Usually. But I tried coordinating my orange jewelry pieces with this orange top, and I kind of love how it turned out. Turns out you can accent your outfit with jewelry even if it's the same color. Who knew?


I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend after the busy week I've had. I have plans for good food, good movies, and catching up with friends. And praying that Blogger stays up. Have a great weekend!

 

6 comments:

katou said...

Usually i hate orange but when i saw this outfit i changed my mind i love orange what a great outfit!!!
http://insidekatouscloset.blogspot.com/

Meagan said...

That skirt is sooo cute. Love it!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

KK said...

Thanks, girls!

Little Lovables said...

It looks great! I have a few orange blouses I am needing to pair up somehow, I like how you have it with navy.

Unknown said...

love orange on you -- wear that color more often!
p.s. where'd you get the shoes?? love those too!! xoxLadyLo

Unknown said...

gorgeous outfit. you look fantastic! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...