January 17, 2012

Furry In-vested

Vest - Sabine @Piperlime.com, Tee - Mossimo (Target), Jeans - Mavi, Boots - some Boutique in SoHo
I thought about calling this post, "The Search is Over" (yay, Journey!) because I have spent MONTHS searching high and low and far and wide for a faux fur vest, and THIS. IS. IT. I was really picky about this purchase because it had to be the right color, the right fur type and the right fit. Thanks to my coloring and dark hair, not to mention my curves, most of the 100s of vests I tried on made me look pretty much like a little bundled up Eskimo. Not really the right look for California. So I realized the vest couldn't be too furry, too bulky, too dark, or too short/long. I needed one that was fitted and neutral colored and had sleeker fur. Enter this beauty. (Find it HERE in gray). I love it, I think even more because it was so hard to find. It's a mix of fur & feather, which is interesting because a real animal with fur and feathers would be weird. And kind of gross. Take a minute and picture it. Gross, right?

The Boyfriend raised an eyebrow when I pulled this vest out of the shipping box and hugged it. Then he told me that it looked "weird" on the hanger. Don't you  just love boys and their helpful fashion advice? But even he admitted that he liked it when I wore it. It just feels a bit glamorous and turned an ordinary jeans+boots+tee combo into something exciting. I can't' wait to pair it with dresses and skirts and anything else I can think of. I also can't stop petting myself when I wear it. Which is also weird. And kind of gross. Take a minute and picture it. OK, wait, don't.  






I think my pup was jealous she wasn't the only furry one that day. 

8 comments:

~Lara~ said...

Ooh! It is a great vest! I like the color, texture, and cut!

cindy bokser said...

Cute! Looks like you're ready for chillin' in the lodge in Tahoe! :-)

Lora Conrad said...

I love this outfit! It really is the perfect vest- more feathery than furry. Your bracelet and pup are to die for as well.

KK said...

@lara Thanks, girl! It took a ridiculously long time to find it!
@cindy Haha...Oh, I am SO ready for the lodge...all I need is some hot cocoa + peppermint schnapps.
@Lora Aw, thanks, hun! My pup is so hilarious, she could have her own blog!

1smileygirl said...

I am loving that vest on you! Gorgeous! By the way, what size did you get??

BmoreLoveLeigh said...

Love the fur vest. My husband makes Chewbacca noises at me when I wear anything with faux fur, haha!

Where is that awesome bracelet from?!?!

katie said...

I've been stalking this vest online, and just haven't made up my mind, but now that I see it on you, I REALLY love it! Does it run pretty ture to size?

So, question aside, such a cute outfit! You are too adorable and this vest looks so pretty and expensive on you.(not fuax at all!)

KK said...

@Leigh Haha...your comment made me laugh out loud. Your husband sounds awesome. I got the bracelet at a random boutique in SF.
@Katie Q. Thank you! I'm loving this vest...and it's very warm! It does run true to size...definitely let me know if you get it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...