July 12, 2012

Belated Ta-DA!


Top - Marshall's, Skirt - Local boutique, Belt - Vintage, Heels - Zara, Clutch - Vintage LV (gifted)
So I realized that I totally forgot in my last post to make a big deal about the fact that I am debuting my new shorter do! So here is a very belated...TaDAAAA! Me with a haircut. I totally did it on a whim, and at first I panicked at the thought of not having long hair to hide behind. But now I totally love having the shorter curls. I feel like my outfits look cuter and more chic (since they're not hidden behind a long curtain of thick hair), my step is a little bouncier, and I even look a teeny weeny little bit taller with the shorter coif. (That last one may not be true, but please don't burst my bubble).

Rocked this ensemble to another birthday dinner with friends the other night. I had a hard time finding the perfect top to complete this outfit. The problem is that when I wear high-low skirts, I like to keep the rest of the outfit as simple as  possible but not boring. (See here and here and here). So I searched and searched until I finally found this gem at Marshall's. Mucho thanks to Miss K for giving me the idea of rocking violet and orange together, and I love how the subtle cut outs in the shoulders makes the whole outfit sort of fun and edgy without overpowering the dramatic hemline of the skirt. 


It's amazing what I can accomplish when I'm on a mission, isn't it? If only I could apply this type of shopping determination to other parts of my life. Like cleaning the house or balancing my checkbook or finding the strength to resist finishing the jar of Trader Joe's Cookie Butter. Sigh. Where's that Cookie Butter?





1 comment:

LadyLo said...

Still lovin the short hur!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...