August 30, 2013

A Little Bit Country

Romper - Target, Necklace - Gifted from Banana Republic, Shoes - F21 
When we're kids we learn that 1 plus 2 unequivocally equals three. It's got to be the most common example that people use of a simple equation. Well, I've got another one for you. Floral (of any kind) plus a braided tan belt equals just a little bit country. Simple, right? I've found that whenever I add a braided brown belt to a floral piece (even a black floral piece like this one), that my outfit gives off a distinct country flavor, and who doesn't want that sometimes? Throw a jean jacket over this outfit, and I'm ready for a hoe down. Or a square dance. Or a date to the movies with the mans, which was where I was actually going. And no, it wasn't a Western. This is 2013, and we can be a little bit country whenever and wherever we want. Right, ladies? Just don't go too overboard with the country theme. Like pairing this outfit with cowboy boots (I actually own some). That kind of an outfit probably really would only be okay at a hoe down or a square dance. Of course, if that's where you're going...go for it, you've got yourself a darn cute outfit.

This labor day weekend promises to be full of great ways to end the summer (tear!) with a bang. I'll be rolling out to watch a college football game of my old alma mater Northwestern University (go CATS!) take on Cal in Berkeley with a bunch of friends, and then I'm jetting off to Monterey for a little weekend getaway to celebrate another anniversary with the mans. Hope you all have a safe holiday weekend! 




1 comment:

Elaine said...

I LOVE this on you! Show that leg girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...