August 5, 2013

Mad Hatter


Fascinator - DTLA, Dress - H&M, Shoes - F21, Bracelet - JCrew
When I was in junior high, I saw the movie Heathers for the first time and immediately became obsessed with hats. I would raid my mom's beautiful scarf collection and wrap them around the brim of my trusty black felt hat, which I would wear at least once a week. Now that I'm older, I still find that I'm obsessed with headgear, and I'm sad that there aren't very many occasions to rock hats anymore. This is why I love the Brits and their awesome fascinators. I never miss a tea party, purely for the chance to wear some feathers and lace on my head. (It's all about the hats). 

I wore this to a recent bridal tea and planned the whole outfit around the great fascinator I found for a steal in downtown LA. It's hard to see in the photos, but the fascinator has these gorgeous metallic green/black feathers that I just had to have it. Everyone deserves the chance to play Kate Middleton every once in a while, right?




1 comment:

Jenna R. said...

oh my goodness, this is too fabulous. now I need one. and a place to wear it.

xoxo
sincerelyjennamarie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...